COVID-19 information and updates
We are sad to announce that as of Thursday, March 19, we will be closed until the end of May or further notice. The health and safety of our staff and guests are our primary concern, and we felt we had no other options. Any cancelations will be fully refunded. More soon…
March 19, 2020
At Running Reindeer Ranch the health and safety of our guests and staff is our top priority.
As we all know, COVID-19 information and updates are changing rapidly. Please know that we are monitoring the situation and will follow the lead of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities as far as limiting the spread of the virus.
Some things we are doing:
- We are encouraging you and our guides to stay home if sick.
- We are encouraging you to practice proper respiratory etiquette and hand washing.
- We are limiting the size and number of tours offered.
- We are not providing extra cold-weather gear, please bring your own cold-weather gear.
- We are spending all of our tour outside to allow for social distancing, so please dress appropriately (snow pants, hats, gloves, boots, it’s Alaska!)
- We are practicing recommended environmental cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- We are reducing our April schedule.
(It may take up to a week for your refund to be processed, sorry for the inconvenience)
Small businesses, particularly those in tourism and hospitality, are being hit hard at this unprecedented difficult time. We cannot thank you enough for your continued patience, understanding, and business.
If you’re stuck at home bake yourself a batch of our famous cookies and think of us.
Please stay in contact through our Facebook page (you’ll be the first to know when our calves are born).
Stay well, stay safe and we hope to see you at the Ranch,
Jane, Doug and the Staff and Reindeer
For current information about the COVID-19 outbreak, visit the following websites:
State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services What can Alaskans do to prepare for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Cruise Lines International Association Statement (March 13, 2020)
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport Coronavirus Update (March 5, 2020)
Last updated March 15, 2020