Fly and Flow Reindeer Yoga (Summer Only)
Outdoors with Reindeer
Hatha or Vinyasa Flow with Reindeer
Fun with Reindeer
Parking at Running Reindeer Ranch is limited, so reservations are made per parking space. We have a limit of 10 parking spaces, so please try to fill your car. The extra riders can pay upon arrival.
Strike a Tree Pose in the Boreal Forest
Fly and Flow is a fun, interactive way to take your yoga practice to new heights. Take in the sights and sounds of nature — such as a soft summer breeze, buzzing dragonflies, the smell of crisp grass, and our amazing animals — while enjoying the unique opportunities and challenges of our reindeer yoga class. All in all, we are here to have fun and enjoy the company of one another, as well as the reindeer. Namaste.
Certified yoga instructor
Reindeer weaving between mats
Reindeer pawing at the yoga mats
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
An Overview of the Experience
$17 per class
Running Reindeer Ranch
1470 Ivans Alley
Fairbanks, AK 99709
Summer (June through August)
1 hour and 15 minutes
Min. 5, Max. 40
Ages 8 and up. All skill levels are welcome.
What to Bring
- Yoga mat
- Elsa Janney, yoga teacher
- Jane Atkinson, reindeer herder
- Alex Carter, reindeer herders
Practice Yoga with Fairbanks' Famous Herd
Join a hatha or vinyasa style flow in the company of reindeer on a grassy lawn. Elsa Janney will teach an hour-long class while reindeer walk among and paw at the yoga mats. Watch as members of our herd find comfortable place to lie down and take a snooze while you’re perfecting your downward dog, and bask in a truly Alaskan experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if class says it’s full?
Don’t worry — we still have room for you! When our booking site says that the class is full, it is only referring to our our parking spaces. If you’d still like to attend the class, you can be dropped off, walk, or ride your bike.
Do you cancel in the event of bad weather?
Possibly. If we need to cancel, you’ll be notified via Facebook. However, we did do a class in the rain, and it was lovely, so don’t let mere rain turn you away!
Are reindeer going to climb on me like in goat yoga?
No! Reindeer are not climbers or jumpers like goats. While they do tend to fly, rest assured they will not climb or jump on you (which is good, considering that the calves are already over 100lbs).
Still Have Questions?
Please Check Out Our Full FAQ Page for More Answers
Other Important Details
- Parking at Running Reindeer Ranch is limited, so reservations are made per parking space. We have a limit of 10 parking spaces, so please try to fill your car. The extra riders can pay upon arrival.
- Our parking spaces may be full, but you can still join by getting dropped off, walking, riding a bike, etc.
- If our lot is full, you can find parking at Ivory Jacks and on both Jennifer Drive and Murphy Dome Road.
- Please dress according to the weather. We suggest long pants and long-sleeved shirts, as mosquitoes are quite aggressive in the summer.
- Make sure to bring water, as temperatures can be warm.
- Please bring your own yoga mat.