Our world famous cookie recipe
When the girls decided they wanted reindeer we told them they needed to raise money to buy them. They began Murphy Dough Cookie Co and sold over $2000 of homemade cookie dough to buy Ruby, our first reindeer. When visitors come they get a fresh-baked, special treat, our most popular cookie, we called The Works: Oatmeal, chocolate chip with coconut. Jane developed this recipe years ago and never gets tired of it.
Running Reindeer Ranch Cookies
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (use only butter, no margarine or shortening)
Mix together well
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (just the real stuff, no imitation flavor)
- 1 or so cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups or more oatmeal (whole rolled oats, not instant oats) until you get the texture you like. Robin, my daughter, adds a couple of cups, I like mine more oatmeally so I add 5 cups.
- 1 cups dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chips is what I use)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut (I use the unsweetened coconut in the bulk section of our local stores. Bob’s Red Mill also has great coconut, If you use sweetened coconut (not recommended) reduce sugar.
Optional: 1 cup walnuts (I don’t add nuts when we have guests because of the potential allergy issue, but when I make them for myself I prefer nuts)
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so
Enjoy, remember your time at Running Reindeer Ranch and come see us!